Tel: 020 8520 1021. Email:

Tel: 020 8520 1021.


Accident claims in construction – Do you qualify?

Injured construction site worker lying on ground, co-worker attending to himAs the UK’s largest city, London is seeing significant commercial and residential development. The construction industry is enjoying fast growth – massive construction projects include Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium, Big Ben’s renovation and eight new skyscrapers due to be completed by 2020. There are plenty of job opportunities on construction sites across the city, but along with the opportunities come risks to health and safety.

Construction sector health and safety

Compared to other industries in the UK, the estimated rate of work-related personal injuries in the construction sector is statistically the highest, with 64,000 people falling victim to a personal injury at work each year. Slips, trips and falls from great heights are the most common and so are injuries suffered from handling, lifting or carrying equipment. While it’s true that we’ve come a very long way from deadly construction projects like the 1845 Woodhead Tunnel (this had a worse death rate than the battle of Waterloo), the UK’s construction industry still logs 30 fatal injuries on average per year.

Claiming compensation for construction work-related injuries

If you’ve suffered a construction site injury, you may be able to claim compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of pension and a number of other damages. You can apply for compensation even if you were working on a self-employed basis or on a zero-hour contract.

Under current legislation, your employer is responsible for your health and safety at work and they are also required to have employer’s liability insurance in place. This helps them pay up if an employee claims compensation after a workplace injury. However, it’s a good idea to get a personal injury solicitor to deal with an insurance company on your behalf because without the proper expertise, you may end up settling for a lower offer than what a solicitor could have achieved for you.

For the best outcome, contact a personal injury solicitor specialising in construction accident claims as soon as possible so you can receive information on what your next steps should be and to discuss the compensation you deserve. Even though you have up to three years to make a claim, much depends on the specifics of your case so it’s crucial to contact a solicitor early on to make sure you do not miss any deadlines.

Expert work injury solicitors

CCH & Co's team of friendly and helpful solicitors have helped many clients recover large sums of damages, including a work accident client who received £10,000 for her injuries. Just as important as damages is ensuring you receive the necessary medical compensation, and we will help with this too. CCH & Co. has obtained rehabilitation funding for our clients for surgeries, physiotherapy, psychotherapy and other therapies.

Our primary concern is always to get the best possible result for you. Call us to today on 020 8520 1021 and take advantage of our free initial enquiry or fill out our free online enquiry and we will get in touch.

This post is not legal advice and should not replace professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances. It is intended to provide information of general interest about current legal issues.

Use the form below to contact us about your queries.

Contact Form Demo
Or, if you prefer, call us on:
0208 520 4555.


This firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.



Cartwright Cunningham Haselgrove & Co is a long-established firm. In 2022 we were proud to announce the acquisition of local personal injury specialists Romain Coleman Solicitors who were established in 1964.


Office hours:   Mon-Fri, 9:30am-5:30pm

Telephone: 020 8520 1021

Email us at:


Details Here


Cartwright Cunningham Haselgrove & Co

277 Hoe Street Walthamstow



E17 9PL